Ugh, cellulite. Are we right, ladies? Did you know that almost 90% of women will have some cellulite? It’s caused by various factors, from genetics, diet, nutrition, exercise, hydration, and circulation.
For many of us, exercise alone won’t eliminate cellulite, but it can definitely minimize its visibility and distribution. Want to know more? Well, you’re in luck because we’ve put together a list of some of the best exercises for beating cellulite! Read on to find out more.
Fat burning exercises that target cellulite
If you’re trying to get rid of cellulite, you want to remove as much excess body fat as possible. This is because cellulite is caused by a build-up of fat caused by an excess of fat storing hormones in that area. So, if you’re controlling those hormones with a healthy diet and then burn as much fat as possible through fat burning exercises, you’ll be well on your way to reducing your cellulite.
Our favorite way to burn fat is through interval training. If you use structured weight training exercises, your metabolism will keep working and burning calories – even after your workout.
Also Read: How to wave bingo wings goodbye
Alternatively, you have some cardio options too. Walking can burn up to 300 calories an hour; if you incorporate some speed walking to play on interval training, you’ll find yourself burning even more calories. Running and cycling are great ways to burn fat but remember that interval training is fundamental here.
So, once you’re warmed up, try sprinting for a set time, recovering, and then going again. The more repetitions you do, the increased burn of your calories and fat will be.
As well as reducing your body fat, firming and improving the tone of the muscle underneath the cellulite will help you smooth out the surface of your skin. A great way to do this is through strength training moves that build up the hamstrings, buttocks, quads, and hips.
Aim for training that targets the areas affected by cellulite at least 2/3 times a week and, over time, increase the weight to challenge and tone those muscles.
Here are our favorite strength training moves to firm and tone up muscles:
- Lunges – whether you do them stationary or the walking version, lunges target all of the lower-body muscles, plus you can increase the pressure on your muscles with weights held in your hands. If you’re new to lunges, build them up slowly and work on your form over the amount you can do.
- Side steps – these seem like a simple exercise but combined with resistance bands around your lower shins, these can be incredibly effective.
- Squats – look, ladies, we all know squats can be tricky, but that’s why they’re here! Remember to lean your weight back into your heels and keep your back straight, just like you are going to sit down in a chair.
- Step-ups – stepping is a great way to tone your legs. These are a great little exercise, whether you’re just at home using a bench or a step or the elliptical machine/stepper in the gym.
- Leg raises – another seemingly simple exercise that has a significant impact. Do single leg raises to target each muscle group before switching sides.
A healthy lifestyle
Exercise is an essential part of reducing cellulite, but you also need to support your workouts with balanced nutrition and healthy living habits. So, a diet that includes a range of whole grains, low fat, protein, fruit, and veggies and ensure that you’re drinking lots of water and getting plenty of good quality sleep.
Also Read: 15 ways to cut calories with ease
In addition, regular massaging of the areas impacted by cellulite will encourage circulation and lymphatic drainage; this helps your body get rid of toxins that build up in fatty cells. As well as smoothing out the skin.
Ready to beat cellulite?
So, there you have it, ladies, our top tips for using exercise to reduce cellulite! We know that you’ll be progressing on your weight loss goals and fighting back against cellulite in no time. However, if you need some support in your healthy living goals, did you know that Trimtone is a 100% natural fat burner for women? It can help you reduce those pesky cravings to focus on becoming a better, healthier you!
Made with 100% natural ingredients, Trimtone boosts your metabolism, reduces appetite, and fires up fat burn!